The AMPEG Diamond Blue SR212RT


I've been playing Marshall's all my life, JCM800's 50 watter's, love the 100 watter's as well but when we started this country band, TOBY CHESTER and the BREAKERS, I wanted something different, where to start? well I walked in to this music store and there it was, more different looking then anything I had seen and it looked COUNTRY! I didn't know if I liked it at first but it had a nice warm falv'y sound in the shop, a good start, so I took it home, set it up for practice and let it rip, that's the only way to see if this thing will cut the gig! ... the more I played it the more I started to fall in love with it, it was tight, neat, lovely tone, NOT MARSHALL''Y although it had it's own version of what tone is all about. After being a Marshall player for so long, I really found a combo guitar amp that cuts the gig every bit as good as my Marshall for this type of music. As you can here on these recordings. The solo's were played with the same setup on the amp as the rhythm but with the Rat pedal kicked in!.... nice drive without being too distorted. The volume is more then enough, this can be a loud amp yet sounds so nice even at a lower volume. I don't understand why Ampeg have deleted this amp from their range of amps however I'm sure that in time we will know the thinking behind Ampeg...

No comments: